Tuesday, September 21, 2010

EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balm (Rating 6/10)




Details:
-price:$3.50
-sold at walgreens, cvs, rite aid, kroger
-comes in 5 scents: honeysuckle honeydew, summer fruit, sweet mint, lemon drop w/ spf15, and medicated tangerine (the one I have is the honeydew one)
-egg shaped
-usda organic
-95% organic and 100% natural
-contains shea butter, vitamin e, jojoba oil,
-paraben and petrolatum free


Claims:
-gives a long lasting moisture
-moist, soft, and smooth lips

Review:
So I had heard a lot about this lip balm in the beauty community and thought I’d try one out, so I went to my local walgreens to purchase one.
One thing that I noticed immediately was the shape of the lip balm. It comes in a egg- like shape and twists open. A great thing about the packaging is that I could easily find it in my purse because of its odd shape. However, the egg shape could be a bad thing if you wanted to fit this in your pocket. Another thing I really liked about it was the smell. The honeydew scent was really strong and even after I applied it to my lips I could smell it. It smells delicious!!
Now, onto the negatives. There was really nothing special about the moisturizing qualities of this lip balm. I really feel that other organic lip balms like Burts Bees or Soft Lips do a better job at moisturizing and leaving my lips soft. With this lip balm I found myself having to reapply way too often in order to keep my lips moisturized. That was quite disappointing for me. Moisturizing ability is just average for me. Another negative was after about two uses, the lip balm actually detached from the base, so I had to carefully place it back. After reattaching it, I haven’t had any problems with it so far. Another negative is that there is no spf on the honeysuckle honeydew scent. According to their website, they only have spf for their newest scent, lemon drop.

Verdict:
I would not repurchase this item. Why? I find that there are other organic lipbalms out there like the Burts Bees that can do a better job at moisturizing my lips and is less expensive.

1 comment: